Monday 29 November 2010

What does a digi pack consist of?

In this post I am researching what a digi pack requires throughout and what I need to do to make a successful outcome; (the blue are the main points and the red writing is my comments back).

Digipaks typically consist of a gatefold (book-style) paperboard or card stock outer binding, with one or more plastic trays capable of holding a CD or DVD attached to the inside.
So this shows the typical layout which I need to do, the capacity has a large range and every cover will have to have different techniques into them so I need to plan out a layout of what needs to go in each individual page e.g. front cover , back cover etc.
Since Digipaks were among the first alternatives to jewel cases to be used by major record companies, and because there is no other common name for Digipak-style packaging made by other companies, the term digipak or Digi-Pak is often used generically, even when the media holder is a hub or "Soft Spot" rather than a full plastic tray.
This shows how the structure is put together and what I need to do to make the layout not illegal and what is needed for evidence to show it. Also I can now look at certain digipacks from different styles of companies and look and their ideas and see if any link to my themed song.
Digipak-style packaging is often used for CD singles or special editions of CD albums and the tall DVD Digipak (DVDigipak) is used as a premium package for DVDs and DVD sets. Because such packaging is less resistant to abrasion than jewel cases, it tends to show signs of wear relatively quickly. Licensed digipak manufacturers such as domestic U.S. printer and disc replicator Oasis Disc Manufacturing recommend coating the raw printed paper with a protective UV coating, thus ensuring greater longevity.
This shows what materials and management is needed, as our school don't have the major resources I will have to link and make it to the best outcome, a made up company. But this shows me what I need to put to make it in an professional aspect.
Also it tells me what digi-packs are used for, my target will be the CD single but I got to make an album. So maybe the front cover can advertise a link to a single release with my main artist on the front and title of the album and band and the rest like the back and middle and to combine them together. The materials and resources that I will have to use is simple plain paper for sketches or photo shop as it's more advanced than a simple sketch. I want to do a drawing but the thing is will it suite the whole themed layout, but I could scan the sketch in and edit it with photo shop to make give it more edge and impact and does it live up to it's name? So I need to research that as well. ]

So overall this shows me a structured layout of what tasks I need to do to layout my digi pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00