Tuesday 9 November 2010

Structure of the narrative

Looking at my picked song I had to take close measures into the lyrics and the tempo of the song. I found the chorus was the most easiest to analysis on as it was TENDERONI spelt in letters, first impressions I had of this song was lots of lighting effects and people dancing but then listening to way the artist sings it is a very dry and mellow voice which gave me intentions towards something else.

After listening to his voice and the lyrics I drove towards a mysterious background, the lyrics are quite graphic towards who is singing about which I found good as it will have a more powerful meaning, the problem was how to do it.

If to picture it without anything it sounds like the artist singing is not in the story as his voice tends to drift of after each sentence, but singing towards someone in the video, this is when I got the intention, my artist was going to someones talking conscience to a negative narrative (other character).

So from this I looked at negative actions and activity responses toward to words being spoke, how was I going to address them in the terms of mise en scene and the character.

The artist has to be almost dead to the world and he / she does not exist, but in response he is the hero of the narrative, I want my artist to try and save this villain / other characters from going down a spiral world and change.

I structured this in paragraphs which I have posted, each paragraph will represent the villains purpose in life describing his full aspect of his / her personal life.
The beat stay consent and repetitive so I need and on-going series so like the villains life is busy but lonely.

My mise en scene has to link with the atmosphere as my sounds are very tense and mysterious the villain will be closed quarters to the hero and in a confined environment of no escape, so I came up with the idea of repetitive shots but shots with the main aspect of his negativity.

So in other words a busy life style but the mise en scene describes his loneliness and negative background, and the hero will have to be mentally aggressive to the villain, looking from one video it helped me how my heroes body language can effect the villain;



This video is a perfect example of how powerful and graphic a conscience can be, it has to cut straight down to the chase of the narrative and what the villain gain and ends up in which this video addresses.

Also the body language used is powerful the way the arms are pointed at the villain and the situations he doing are negative to life.

I'm focusing on Eminem role as he the negative conscience, he comes across very clear, cocky and powerful so he get them into the villain head to turn the narrative of the music video positively.

Also slight pauses in the sentences are used to describe the villain actions in the past, the story correlation I'm using is past to present so I need flashbacks and repeated phrases which I mentioned.

Finally my ideas connotates towards the meaning of the song and Mediates across a powerful message to viewers in the way of, don't be this characters villain there is help and will power that you can do to proceed, listen to yourself before anything which is the message i want to fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00