Tuesday 9 November 2010

Applying andrew goodwins work

For narrative and links to famous and successful producers our class have focused on Andrew Goodwin he illustrated these elements to make a clear and sustainable video from start to finish;
Is my music video illustrative?
My music video is illustrative to the elements that my main character is does not exist, how the image is illustrated to give of that vibe is that the villain completely blanks the him out this shows like he does not exist, also the spacement that the main characters is a distance away from and not in the same direction where the villain is walking to, this make the audience believe that the main character is not moving and just staring at him and singing to him.
Sometime I the main character will look and use negative body language to show the feeling towards this character so it's like he's telling him throughout his day process he should not be doing it and should change.
Due to the mise en scene is need to be internal and close quartered so the character get up into the villains face, tight shot will be influenced throughout to illustrate the bond with the characters.

Is your music video amplified?
Looking at my storyboard yes I do have a certain element, this song was very good due to the beat and sound adapted upon to give off the atmosphere and narrative. The Tenderoni part consist of the villain looking at himself and spelling out the word, before i did this I wanted to find the definition of the word which I provided the terms in my lyrics post. It means a love correspondent to past terms which is perfect for the structure of my song, it start from past to present so the mirror could consist of flashbacks or the conscience being in the mirror reflects the villains narrative and like he's from a different world.
The way I will do this is every letter is spelt out so every letter the person will change facial expression or go back to key points of the narrative to remind audience where the key sections are and how it links to the mirror.

Are there any elements of contradicting?
Yes they are many elements that imagery and scenery links with the beat and tempo of my music, the first scene is slow and tense and my main character starts of as he is singing. The room is dark and close quartered, this shows the atmosphere in full detail. It just has to be the main character presented and no distraction in the background due to expressing the mise en scene.
Also the 2nd scene is structured to go faster and more energetic, so I want my villain getting up and continuing his every day life but in a fast neglected way. So throughout the song the time the beat changes the shot or character will change. I targeted change of clothes every time the beat changes so it shows the beat and also the different t shirt could show a different day so I benefit from both outcomes into one.
As i said my song goes up to down up to down so these expressions that I just explained above will be though throughout my whole music video and the storyboard and my anagrammatic that I've made will explain and guide you through the procedure.

Is there any disjuncture in the video?
To be honest no there is not at all, my whole song sticks to the narrative throughout, this song is very impacted and strong lyric ed throughout. Every word that is spoken and every beat that's changes I want impacted shots and elements that always links to my music video. Yes it hard to manage but I no I can pull it off.

So from Andrew Goodwin it structures a continuing music video through the key aspects that are needed to make a healthy story and meaning. Sometimes you need to let go and let the music take you to places but in the imagination sticks to what other people dream off and links the lyric as they are the pieces to the puzzle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00