Friday 19 November 2010

Fliming diary

Nov Monday 1st Nov: Today went really well, structured great and people where on time, done all the internal shoots as was dark around 5:15pm. Things I could of done better is re take shots 3 times.

Nov Tuesday 2nd Nov:
Fairly alright some shots ended up laughing and had to wait for about half an hour to calm down, overall got scene 1,3,4 done =)

Nov Wednesday 3rd Nov: Very good day well structured and done it quick of the mark took bout hour, got all my shots and ready to edit tomorrow as have the whole day off =).

Sunday 21st Nov: Went to rubbish, I was ill and my friend had to go somewhere due to family concerns, so what we are going to do is spilt the final into section and do the internal 1st and external second.

Monday 22nd Nov: Looking positive with all of the internal criteria tonight, so be fairly good, the problem tonight is that one of my people is coming about 6ish but I got until midnight if we have to go on as deadline is this Friday.

Tuesday 23rd Nov: Very good as alot of problems occurred. Our main actor in the draft version had panto rehearsals so he could not do the music video. We had a major problem, as I dyed my hair red and linked to the mise en scene me and my other actor though I would be suitable for addressing and taking the role of the lead singer. I had confidence already because of the lip syncing with mike and josh. Myself and Chris (other actor) finished off all the work and ready to import on emac, I just had to press play, position myself and do the scene.

Also my cousin agreed to being the main boss for the interview, with his height and age he was perfect for being a dominant role model.

Overall it took 2 hours but felt like 1 very happy that it was all done on this day.


PHOTOS FOR EVIDENCE OF FILMING:

This is me placing the camera around the scene of Chris walking in the kitchen. We were debating on weather having the camera at this angle or weather to have it facing the other way.

Where I was was a tight squeeze to do it and also broke the 180 turn rule so we decided to place the camera where the direction of the photo has been taken.

Remember this photo well. Was on the Sunday date, stressed out and ended up pointing and ordering my actor around as he was lacking motivation. I was pointing to indicate that he should be there and apply to my autocratic performance of instructing him.

Overall he obeyed and we finished the scene in 50 minutes.

This was on the 1st day of recording, I was debating either to have the camera low and close. But my actor Chris and James (taking photos) said that it would be better to have it low but mid shot so I could get the full body language of him getting out of bed.

We kept clothes on the floor so the character looked messy and didn't care about his hygiene.

TV and xbox in background was fine as linked to a typical teenage / young adult room and cant hardly see them so mise en scene was used best to ability.

We agreed to keep the posters as they are rock and the genre of music can show energetic anger and negative impulse.

Last but not least the shots of my actor coming out of bedroom and out the stairs, from this point we decided it was too tight and came up as close up's so I decided to stand on top of my cupboard just behind me and do a overhead pan shot as you can see in the final version.

This was on the last day. And the door in the background was closed and door removed for mise en scene purposes.


2 comments:

  1. Dan. Can you add a few pics to this? If you could also add some rough cuts to show the progress that'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes no problem just done them now.

    ReplyDelete

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00