Wednesday 10 November 2010

Feedback

We can see you have spent a lot of time on this Dan- your variety of camera angles is visually interesting. - This indicates I made a solid draft and the meaning came across nearly clear and I got the movitavtion which i'm proud of myself.
Now you need to:
1. Re-film using a complete plain back drop because the house is too distracting.
2. There needs to be clarity regarding your
'conscience' character- is he good/ bad?? address costumes too. If he is your inner artist make him more cutting edge (look at Empire of the Sun).
3. Job interview scenes need addressing as not realistic.

If you get this right this could be brilliant- frame your shots, eliminate your mise en scene and address your lighting.

This is my feedback upon my draft music video to improve, for what I did I was pleased with my draft it i knew it was not perfect for one minute because it was not but it was good to get a rough version and no what goes where, all I need to do now it fit in the pieces to the puzzle.

ANSWERING QUESTIONS:


QUESTION ONE: For question one is simply easy, I was not thinking about the background, I think the house is good in the way off showing the narrative of the villain being in his own environment and showing day in day out, but i do understand the background that it make the narrative look messy e.g. washing basket on side board photos on wall, 99 t shirt near front door.
I will overcome this issue with taking them out of the shot or doing it at another house, the only problem is finding the right house I don't want it too modern and posh because it says that the villain is rich anyway.

QUESTION TWO: For question two I completely understand what the the viewers want, they want a more realistic figure / role model of showing his lead, when looking back in the interview scene he's not there or the last scene and I need this characters to stay in all the time, the problem was my character had rehearsals and work for himself, I think the dress scene goes well but probably change the jumper as it shows too much mainstream and calmness.



I was told to look at this video I picked this one as it has a mysterious background and region which I found interesting to analysis in comparison of who my artist represents in concept with my lyrics and narrative as well.

I focused my main aspects upon the lead singer and what he represent in their music video, looking at it the dress scene has been put down on tee, it shows where abouts they are and the mise en scene of the Forest and desert shows their meaning of lyrics - so it like nature is talking out to the audience in my view, we are the people who ruled the world, this says the past and shows it through wildlife in background.

The culture that they represent has shows that their culture is different to normal everyday life and links towards the Indians so they had to take that into consideration to make their music video realistic.

the mise en scene lives in the outdoors so the colours shines out the emotion of lyrics and presents an effective and interesting layout. The dancing indicates there body language thier own feelings towards the song, overall it shows the past in a psotibve outlook due to the colour, daylight, and the way the charatcers are placed in the middle of the shot and the costumes that they are wearing.

How this music video helps me is to shows that the costumes my character is wearing has to link the the lyrics, mise en scene and body language, they all have to combine into one element to make my narrative shine out.


QUESTION 3: I totally agree with the comment about the interview, we had a major problem on the day of filming which i admitted on my filming dairy in the blog post, because our main singer was ill on the day he was not there and we had 3 days till the deadline so we had to do it asap which I will take into consideration.
Also my dress scene was not realistic at all due to the slogan of 'caged steel' on my jumper and my hair was scratchy which does not show the full meaning of the job.
Also the mise en scene made it look at it was at school, I need a more close quartered room colours of black and white and just the shots showing the table and people.

My villain was dressed well but the person that was interviewing, needs a white formal t shirt, tie, hair tidy, maybe clean shaven showing upper class, and dark trousers, and maybe a black jacket, only problem the black jacket indicates something else maybe but a logo could help on the shirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00