Tuesday 9 November 2010

Narrative performance - Steve Archer

In this post I'm going to link my work in the techniques and methods of Steve Archer.

(SA = Stave Archer A= Answer back)

SA:
Often that music videos will cut from a narrative to performance through-out the whole filming.
A:
My music video will consist of straight up narrative and hardly any performance, it will be like a story and there is dance scenes, the only performance is affects to make my narrative look even more realistic and easy to understand the address-ment of the body language of the characters.

SA:
Sometimes the artist especially the main singer in the video will be part of the narrative being a narrator and participant in the same way.
A:
I totally agree with my music video my main target is to address my main artist as the narrator and whatever action or words comes out will link towards the story. I have to take extreme consideration when close up lip syncing as the facial expression will have to link towards what they want to address about the villain and narrative at the same time.

Basically this shows my structure of my music video and what key factors I'm going to use to make it successful, it will consist contrasts of facial and body language expression to illustrate negative input throughout my narrative, but at the the end the negative energy is used to get to positive, a mistake that can be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00