Thursday 16 December 2010

looking at drafts towards digi packs.

I wanted to show people my previous designs that I tryed to present towards my digipack.

At first, before I even started the digi pack design I looked at this album cover:











I hand drew this picture on the left from just looking from examples and the layout of the album cover of pendulum.




I copied the eyes position and also the graffiti type of atmosphere as it was good and energetic at the time.


Like where pendulum album name and artist where placed I did the same layout as it was the most useful and presentable aspect, having it above didn't look good, and below the mouth was too big and spacement was limited.



I got the mouth idea from researching on google different kinds of demon liked mouths and facial expression and then kind of transferred them into one aspect which gave me this result.









The mouth of this picture skull was transformed in my own development as you can see in the bottom picture.




When the mouth was applied yet again I surrounded with graffiti to cover any blank bit ands also makes the narrative of the story addressed across more strong due to atmosphere and age range, teenage aspect.



The top I had some problems with, I did not no weather to cover it with graffiti and copy the same design as pendulums layout or add more fire or cartooned images. Then I thought about this character and what i drew in forms of emotional contents, so I applied looking through fashion linked, and came across a jokers hat. The reason why I drawn out a jokers hat above is that it fits the realistic factors of the character wearing a hat and the joker is described as a mysterious and sly character that can cause chaos, looking from batman joker i wanted to gather the same content of the narrative in that story which the joker plays.


Overall I was impressed with this work, but there was a major problem with this also.

Looking at other peoples work and stuff it was simple and well placed, the amount of graphics I have in this picture is over done. there was too much to edit because it destroyed the overall look upon it.


When editing on photo shop I found it really hard to fill in small gabs as there where out of place when i wanted to past filter the certain part. It filled the whole page either red or green as they where the colours in my colour scheme.

So this was a major problem with applying in affects to bring out small detail, as the picture is full of detail it was not possible to apply when gabs where out and also it looked to Gothic for my standard and did not match the genre of music.

I asked People and they came back with these as feedback;

  • I love the drawing and links with the first scene of your music video but I think it does go to the rock side and has a kind of similarity with Iron maidens album covers. (Brett Thompson AGE - 18)
  • I'm Love the middle sketch but the bottom needs a bit more graffiti in there, and also the top good effort though. ( Richard Bailey AGE - 21)
  • I love the drawing and gives a funky side to the genre so I think it does link to your catchy beat in the music video. (Dawn Johnson. AGE - 43)
  • There too much detail, you need to make graffiti but bigger examples, it looks to over crowed for my eyes. (Bryani Moulds AGE - 13)

From these I learnt points in a picture which need to be carefully examined, even in the 3 sector you still need to split them up into another 3 stages. Start, Main aspect / story, Small detail linking to story of picture.

Then I looked at other peoples blogs and everyone seemed to be doing photos of themselves or the people that were in their music videos. So I took the influence of them and went in that direction as it looks more simple and gives a straight narrative instead of over crowding a picture and people get different ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00