Monday 20 December 2010

final music video

Finally I have done my final piece of music video.

Overall with the timelines and also all the errors I've had I think I produced and proud of this result.

I only had one week to film this as the lead singer in my draft had to sadly leave me for rehearsals for his exams in a panto. So I had to take the lead, the reason why I took the lead singer is because I had an clear and visual outlook upon the music and I only had 3 days left before the deadline so it was easier and had more hopes to get it finished.

Also With my hair dyed red it I come across more negative as a character. I flim the first scene and showed it compared to the draft to audience, with this feedback I was influenced to take the role;

  • Your facial feature are more sharp and you the close up looks really good. (Jake Humber)
  • I like the background, I like the way you look angry, and you give off more emotion in your lyrics compared to the other. (
  • I do like the draft version but however I prefer you in the final music video as you got red hair and the hair style used, also the beard gives a kind of tatty look and the t shirt your wearing.

After that we started filming, I took all my changes made and applied them into the music video also now in the background the top is gone and any distractions were out of the way.

I found out when we moved stuff more spacement came into play, so in the kitchen scene this time I used more props such as the milk and bowl and also using the 180 rule into more risks, as I got a different shot of the table so the viewers could experience the whole room and atmosphere of the character, I wanted to express it as tense, cold, and cowardly. To show more expression that the villain acts in the way of the hero being a conscience.

The filming flowed alot more smoother in the concepts of spacement and lighting, my teacher and people who worked in my media claimed that it was too dark in the draft version and detracted them so I took this into consideration and then applied lamps speculating onto the actor. If you look at the stair scene compared to the draft version it's alot more clear and can actually see below the waist of the villain.

Also the different scene went really well and when was filming we could see the whole narrative come clear, as the mirror was in the kitchen last time it was not in the bedroom it's in his own environment which covers the realistic but also makes the narrative stronger to audience in ways of addressing in his bedroom. It could of been on the wall or in the bathroom which is still affective but his bedroom is his own privacy and makes the conscience invade his space and get to his head more clear.

Overall I am proud for what I have made with all the errors I've had with people dropping out at the deadline and also failures with the technology in the school, it's not the best in the world or school as technical terms were limited, as only had a camera and tripod and Emacs, but I have learnt from people helping and also my applied skills I can make a music video to my standard of abilities and get critical reviews from it. (look at diary of filming).

I think looking at this music video it will be aimed the ages of 13-21 as most people said it was clear to read, the age of the actors, the fashion, and the environment as they describe close quarter and blocks out the world.

So I've covered what I needed to do and have meeted my goals that I researched and set.

The improvements that I could of made will be written up in the evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00