Tuesday 7 December 2010

Can albums digi packs help me towards my final design?? (side covers)

Now the side cover I found a nightmare to do in my draft, I'll be honest I didn't have a clue in terms of structure and use of the mise en scene.

Now looking from these three examples again I can now find a easy route and ideas to annotate upon;


EXAMPLE ONE:

I found this examples on google. Looking at the side views they link to the whole story, front, back and where the Cd's go, so my mise en scene will have to have a strong connection as it like the main body when you open it up. It shows the story of the narrative in the album.


What I can see here is that the top two blocks are the sides and middle of digi pack.




This have given me influence to compete with another art drawing, but this time I will need to plan out as their picture as it takes two sides, I needs to be simple drawn. What i can do with the use of black and white is that I don't need to add colour it's already there so I'm having strong thought upon using these colours for my final Cd. this is good for covering and giving a bold outlook upon their narrative, it shows the audience what this is and how they response to it.


I found the structure is easy to do and very basic which I will benefit, looking from just this example it gives me the clear mind map of what is required.



As i can see the whole album is black and white, from researching black and white are good colours to research (look at 3 colour scheme final design for more detail), OK trance is colourful but in some points of the lyrics and narrative of my music video i can turn this into a trance rock type of cause. As long I have a strong narrative in use of pictures I'm fine and the front covers examples covers that.


Example two: LIKIN PARK - A THOUSAND SUNS!

I researched into linkin Park as his emotion and music are very strong for in terms of relationship with my music video.


I love everything about this digi pack, as it a kind of trance effect with the lighting and also the use of background that helps the middle frame stand out to others.
They have kept to a single photo but the photo right in front has been developed upon in the use of ideas from the black and white example.



I especially really like the front example with the use of bight and glowing colours and how they are combine together, this would be a perfect combo for my sides, maybe if I have a photo of me looking down outside or a slogan, and then have this kind of effect will work for the middle body of my digi pack.


And also this is an easy structured example of layout in colours and spacial awareness.



Example three: PEARL JAM
Peral Jam does not have a link towards music but the lyrics are and there narrative structure in the this album has.
I like how it like black and white but consists of loads of close up of body parts which indicates sudden movement and drama for mise en scene.
I like how it's outside and describes the background in a different atmosphere and environment.
And also the sides with the symbolic codes of Christ and distressed body.
The top three are yet again good for the sides, it can show a movement of story according to day e.g. by morning it starts by night it has grown.

So what I have learnt from sides points that that it has to link with the front and back in the use of colours and mise en scene, e.g. symbol will have links.
Also the sides describe the story of the album and link from the tracks suggested may come into effect.

I will therefore have one photo with colour imagery in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00