Monday 13 December 2010

Costumes used for my characters.

CHRIS (playing the villain);
The fashion that I used for my villain is today modern style of clothes. The reason why I've applied and used this for my villain in the story is that the marketing brand will link towards the music video. Also it cuts down the age range barrier that I wanted 15-21. The jacket was from the shop in Leicester named 'republic'
http://www.republic.co.uk/
Republic is mostly used for teenage or young adults. The jacket is black which links in with my three colour scheme and white and black jackets seems to be on the popularity list looking from surveys from the actual site / top sellers.
The jeans are also from the same shop which the villain uses, jeans are simple and easy to use as they can be any brand, as long at the tonement of colour is right (looking for a dark blue) then we can use it.
The top is a plain white t shirt to show that the class of the narrative e.g. if colourful and energetic indicates a party or going out clothes.

Here are another three examples to compare the overall standard and why we chose this idea.

(three photos of chris)
Me (playing as conscience);
With my style of clothing I have to very careful as I'm the main singer the words and lyrics will some how have to link to the narrative in the story.
The top that I chosen I think was good, I could of used a simple white top as well but I didn't want the characters to have too much of a genetic bond as it will not show the full use of being the conscience, it would aim as a physic or something.
So a top from all saints http://www.highcrossleicester.com/website/StoreDetails.aspx?retailUnitId=c27101d9-9eed-4f2d-8711-db69a944e65b which is highly expensive and most teenage generation shop there today for fashion industry i thought was perfect.
All saints tops and designment mostly relate to life and today society, so i brought this top with a skull wearing a crown. This indicates that you can be rich but theres something evil in return but my narrative links in such ways, the villain is targeted to being rich so that he can pay for things and benefit from life in different ways e.g. paying off his house rent and saving himself from depression.
So in the concepts he trying to get a job for money that will help him survive and not throwing it away. How you no it's from all saints is that the v neck is much more lower presenting the chest more.
The jeans that are worn in the final video are from river island another top selling shop for the teenage population, this time broguth ripped jeans, this shows the working class it comes across as informal and links to other fashion scene such as Gothic and indie. The jeans are light blue and white patches aswel so it stands out with the black top.
In my opinions the fashion is like the clothes have been ripped and torn, like the person is chained up and want to be set free which is perfect towards my narrative.

James (draft version of the conscience);
Obviously this is binary opposite of my fashion, at first I just went for the indication of the hero being upper class in fashion and dress which worked but didn't. It cut out the narrative in ways off not describing the characteristic treads the words and actions. E.g. his style of clothes could be a risk of higher than the interview but then it works clothes. So I will filmed James and then got feedback as stated from my draft video.
But the fleece I think was too over the top and also boots that he wears but then over the top could be unique to some judgements.


Overall I went for the popular fashion in society today, the survey that I taken around high cross explains the overall fashion which people shop for and the age range, so it cutted it down sharply and what people want is what people enjoy and to present that in concepts on the music video I followed element from the survey.
(photos will be produced soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00