Tuesday 7 December 2010

Can album covers help my digi pack? (back cover)

The back of the cover consists of the CD one and Cd two in the back in my draft I thought the font was suitable but yet again did not look professional the colour that blended with the background did not match it quality.
Also the key is to keep as little detail in so the background is clear and people can read the track without being destroyed by other things such as pictures.

I found another 3 examples which are good to develop upon;


EXAMPLE ONE

BLINK 182 - EMERA OF THE STATE

I am looking for a busy back but I also want the tracks to be clear this is a clever piece and use of the colour code.
They have a massive picture smack bang in the middle, but at the top they have there slogan which links to there mise en scene and album in one colour.

Then where the tracks are another layer of colour is used, red and white bond well as they are primary colours.

So what I found from this is that I can have a big picture without being distracted too much, the only problem is with the background is like the after story of the front cover, and will it link up to the albums meaning. A Strong mise en scene. So maybe I could have a negative input on the front cover, but an easy going back, as my music video has a dilemma turned into a solution.

The only problem is that it might be too cheesy for some audience but I will work on it.

EXAMPLE TWO:

FOO FIGHTERS - GREATEST HITS

Yes it is greatest hits and my band is making a debut albums but this CD cover mise en scene I find very useful and strong in terms of keeping it simple.


















The picture on the right is the album cover and the picture on the left is the back.

What I see here is lots of individual and professional outlet towards ticking off all the list.

I love the slogan of the band FF, it blended in with a simple shape with use of a primary colour so it stands out in the crowd.
The background is a secondary colour which blends in the primary, also the grey makes the mise en scene strong. It reminds me of the war as that kind of surface is planes and metal, and as I'm a big fan of foo fighters I listened to them and they have many links to the wear and life.

I love the simple minded use of the title and album cover name, they suck to the same font and stuck towards the 3 side rules top middle bottom, title top, slogan middle, album name bottom, I have more interest in this layout.

And what I love about the bond is that there the same background but the back is more shiny with the use of brass brown, they suck to there mise en scene and kept it tidy and well to read the story of the album.

The little bullets point next to each track I like as well as it structures the placement of track and that you can place it anywhere on the back without a fuss as long as it in this type of layout.
The spines are on the side with the same title and album name and font.
And to add a little more eye catchers that the missiles that are red are used for the normal tracks and the ones crossed off are the bonus tracks, covers, or a new release, how you know this is that the last 3 tracks have the same symbol next to them.

And last but not least they have the rights and regards 'Sony music' with all the details; release dates, band recordings, place made and manufactured etc.

And the bar code is place on the bottom simple and out the way.

EXAMPLE THREE:

GREEN DAY - DOOKIE


I like the simple quality again. With this shows the part of the story like blink 182 but then the rights and tracks placement are kind of foo fighters examples. I like the way they have underlined their tracks with the same colour, it simplifies the ways of structure and that they are all the tracks.
I love how the producer and the band are in the middle of track they squeezed it in but the audience have no problem of placement and don't get confused.
I found the bar code was different being on the top, it does work but I prefer it on the bottom but the reason I think why it went on the top so it does not damage the picture.
In the middle of the picture it has a resemblement to a tv programme, semerme street, this might be targeted for cutting down the age range???
But again the problem is google images will be required which knocks down my grade so a simple own resourced picture is fine.
And the bottom has influenced me a colour code which i will mention in the other post of advertising the bottom rights.
So from this I gained
Easy visual scenery for placement of band.
That I can have a successful picture but has to link to the front and sides.
What colour scheme I'm going to use for my final choices.
Examples of rights and reserves to make the band / artist release look professional.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00