Tuesday 26 October 2010

My final choice on my music video;

After looking through my survey I finally came up with my decision on which type of song to choice.

I was going to pick bloc party flux but looking at it in realistic terms - mise en scene and costumes and the tempo and pitch of the song I would make it but not as successful in performance.

But looking at Kele tenderoni it linked to me straight away before I even carried out the survey I just thought that people will not like it but looking from my survey results it gave me confidence to do it. But also the good thing is not many people notice this kind of song so I can make it to be unique which will have more effect in the interest and makes it more successful as well.

This is the format of the song I will use for my music video;




The only problem I found with this music choice is that the song is 4 minutes and an half.
Our class has been recommended around 3 minutes, and also as I'm working individually it may be a problem to start the deadline.

But I do have an advantage of having the whole of Thursday off so I can use that time to record my music video.

The reason why I picked this song is because the first time I heard I had a connection to it and loads of ideas shot from all of my research and covered the music links as well.
Also as I do DJ at peoples parties I'm used to hearing the tempo and have an idea of what people expect out of certain song, this song is not known so I use my ideas as an unique format, so I don't have to worry about being realistic.

Also I've got high confidence within this song and it's easy to listen to, unlike rap the words and lyrics come up to fast and the tempo can change in a split second sometimes, this is same with flux the background tune is very fast so the movement in mise en scene will have to be high.
It's a calm and flowing tempo and beat, and its continuous throughout the whole video, so maybe
I can repeat shots as well to make the narrative more affective, for example - Kele everything you wanted was the same calm and fine, but it's too slow and boring to listen to and the audience might get bored within 20 seconds of the clip as the tempo can meet my ideas.

With this music video the pitch and tempo keep to a continuous beat and speed but the tempo changes every 20 seconds which keeps the song on-going in interest.

It meets my research for mise en scene and pitch as I want it to be mysterious, from listening to the voice it's like a kind of echo when singing, this might be hard for lip syncing but it can be manageable as my friend who is doing the lead singe has had experience in drama A levels.

Also so it's energetic and fresh so it good for linking the movement and body language of a young teenager, so it makes my research look successful. Also the clothes are fine as well as they blend in with the mise en scene and beat.

And last but no least the music is clear to hear and suitable in language, there's no swearing or connontation to rasism or any sexaul contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00