Wednesday 13 October 2010

Creating my fictional character and band name;

Looking through research on my artist I looked at the fashion department on my blog and took it into high consideration.
Overall I'm looking for an affective design layout which blends in with my mise en scene e..g colour of the walls in the background, is the background on the walls busy with decorations, and is the room either a bedroom or a kitchen??

So looking at fashion mixed in with my mise en scene research I came to this measurement;


(Photo of James in designer wearment) uploading problems be done asap

Looking at today's aspect with society the fashion trends have increased massively, if my music video had a fast tempo throughout I would of looked at the party trends meaning sparkly tops, big writing or a cartooned logo on the front. If it was rock then I would of looked at busy clothes with skulls, guitars and cards etc.

These what these typical genre would withhold;










This would be aimed at party's music videos such as 'Rolldeep Goodtimes' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEGnYyKib9E&ob=av2eob=av2e

Or 'Lady Gaga Just Dance' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw#









for cover of latest music video) 'Mike posioner Cooler Than Me' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_H1KDjW9Y&ob=av2n








It consists of bright colours, bold writing, sparkly texts for the male gender as it shines out and normally to the male size the material for these clothes is tight and brings out the physic of the male. And sparkly tops, v neck, t shirts down to the lower knee section showing the arms and chest of the girl, black or white tights, for girls as it brings the shape and physic of the girls, and the colours draws the person in due to darken mise en scene e.g. nightclubs, house party as they mostly occur at night time, as you can see on the right and left.

Obviously why I have researched this kind of genre is because it relates to my genre, but also i took fancie dress into consideration, it can describe emotions of what people think they are and maybe the lyrics could of related to their outlet upon there dress scene.

Also the amounts of people in the background can change the whole atmosphere and narrative of the music video.

Looking at Kesha take it off - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_CUYFODSk


The start of the mise en scene is in a desert, so people think its deserted and tense, but the start of the song is been used as an robotic voice to annotate what type of song it is, and they can get away with it because of the dress scene relates to the mise en scene and lyrics.

This song about people only come out at night and we are like freaks to nature, like some lyric 'water bottle full of whisky in my handbag' so they used everyday life equipment but transferred the negative 'whiskey' into them.

And also 'there's a place downtown, the the freaks all come around, it a whole in the wall, there's a dirty free for all' so this chorus is the power of the music, it consists of where she is what happening and the mise en scene in the background is basically telling you the story that is being spoken.

So this clear piece of work could relate to my music video in use of mise en scene and the meaning in the lyric which I have to be careful about.

This is the negative response, I don't need these in my video;

Slipknot - Trivium - Awaken demons - as these consists of heavy metal and the mise en scene is mostly revolves around of a band and either in a abstract world of them on the stage showing there progress in work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_rUk_DGGCk this is an perfect example of what I need to be careful of narrative and linking upon stereotypes and missing in different genre as it will complicate things, so this gives me a visual outlet of what is expected in different genre.


And last but not lest this is the fashion not to look upon;





















This represents the different genre of rock and punk which im not searching for I can just get away with indie clothing as its today fashions e.g. Kings of leon radioactive.

So overall I want my artist to relate to my photo of the finshed process and the mise en scene and factor on the postive correlation of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00