Friday 1 October 2010

Looking through more influences in music video

Looking through my comment I came across someone saying to me that I should look at bloc party's 'so here we are' for a kind of dreamy affect which links towards my pitch.



Looking through the video I found alot of things to take into consideration and found good elements that I can use for my music video;





I like this intro of the clip, looking the camera work this I what I wanted to look at there is also camera work like this from a film of Ben stiller and jack black in envy, the intro shows a 180 turn, I cannot find this intro so this is a good example to find.

The camera work can slow the music clip down which in my music video the tempo of the beat go fast and slow, also in the middle of my music video I wanted to use a version on the Singer laying on the ground so I can maybe use this affect to help me.

I like also how the background is blurred out giving a more mysterious atmosphere.
Also looking at the mise en scene I like the time of day giving it an Autumn kind of affect with the brown leaves and dead trees in the background and clothes that they are wearing.
I want to use this kind of setting for a bit in my music video maybe on a park or a field.

Also when flickering to person to person I could dress my other character up into a homeless person to show what he could end up like as he see's an homeless person on the floor.






I like the camera work yet again on this, it cover thing such as 'point of view' shot. This can show emotion in my other character (narrative) I can show his body language and also views towards his environment and how he reacts to different people.

This affect in my video could be used as walking back from his interview looking at a homeless person and shows his emotion through the person of what he could end up as and this can lead on to the comparison of the narrative.

So from this I can use camera work to cut of timeline which is a big help as I wanted to over complicate things and it would not work when pen came paper of my storyboard, so using this it will keep the audience entertainment in abstraction, I may use mirrors with this kind of affect as well as the image will be inverted and the audience will have an artistic mise en scene and throughout will keep them entertained.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Dan. You might want to do some research into how these effects were created if this is something you wish to emulate in your work.

    ReplyDelete

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00