Monday 25 October 2010

Audience profile

After looking through research and my labels listed 'researching resources' and ' influence through music videos' on my blog, I came to this conclusion of estimating the best possible outcome for my audience.

The main feature I looked at on my blog was the survey results, and also in the narrative I was studying the lyrics aimed to maturity in being able to understand the story of the song, also the type of genre changes everything, as this gender has a dull and murky atmosphere and sound in the beat, tempo, and pitch and also a dull whispered voice it changes the whole concept of the entertainment to the audience within the gender and age.

But with this outcome it spoke out the true meaning of age group it falls under, the only problem is would this type of music compared to the music industry today would be heard in the terms of a unique style?

This is what I took into consideration because the song and my 'based artist' that I chosen could go wrong in the terms of not being known and people don't pay attention to it, so my music video will have to have a impactive response throughout the whole filming.

With competition in today's society pop has a major impact upon the music industry, it's been round for decades and every year it develops into the style of today's world and what any type of person expects. Pop is mostly aimed as commerical recorded music and often oriented towards a youth market, usually consisting of relatively short, simple love songs utilizing technological innovations to produce new variations on existing themes. Pop music has absorbed influences from most other forms of popular music but also through influences of rock and roll and the early rock stages as they were popular in the 1960's - 1980's and even in today's society is still popular e.g. KERRANG! But this helps in rock concepts as bloc party has guitar playing in the background and is a band, but yes I'm focusing on just Kele aspect but it thrives off this artist and you can hear links from him to bloc party and bloc party to his individual music.

So popular stations such as radio one will want them to record there song and then can be presented on their radio station and others such as merica, Leicester sound, the hits radio, kiss radio and most of these radio stations hit the European and global economy not just national, so I might have to think outside the box in some elements to response to different cultures of taste to music for e.g America compared to Britain due to their known celebrity lady gaga to pixee lott etc.

As this song did not hit the mainstream factor it changes the concept of the popularity and what age group will have leisured time to listen to it and support it. Looking through others artists in the popularity concept I could compared links to lil wayne, lil wayne is known but it not known enough in popularity to hit the main books. Normally you will lil wayne release an albums and hits the adverts or plays live at awards ceremony's or does feature in popular songs e.g. Eminem feat lil wayne, so he looks for his same genre but Eminem is very popular but lil wayne gets credit and popularity from it as well, so this helps in what links this song and artist adapts to.

But overall lil waynes progress only get's shown in the C list and not even the B and A lists, he shown in popular organisation for a short period of time, C Lister's normally only make it to vat least 25-40 in the hits chart unless they are only release and could progress on into the top 20 or even 10. Also will this song sell it the most important issue, as I download of itunes I have some knowledge of popular tracks, e.g. Katy Perry's new album will be on the main home page with a big price tag by the side of it and maybe a bonus track. Not so popular will be in a massive list to find and this could be a problem as so many bands or artists are waiting on that list and due to money people might not be able to afford it.

But when I look at this I would lower the price and also my based artist does gigs so maybe the tickets will be lowered for the fan base.

How this helps me is that I no a estimated target to hit if I was aiming it at the music charts and want to do my music professionally as possible so it like a challenge to aim it to and what the audience expects.

I also with this made a survey but this time aimed at what the age groups wants and expects I survey groups of 30 heads within these sections;

Children - 5 - 13

Teenagers 13 - 21

Young adults 21 - 27

Adults 27 - 50

Elderly 50+







So from looking at my survey I've cut it down from the different peoples age and gender from their point of view. This has made my research more accurate in terms of the class level I need to work to.

looking from my survey mostly it's revolved around the mainstream factors as I mostly expected, but I'm interested that a few people wanted to look for new band, and this is only out of 30 heads so what would a crowd of 1,000 be like?

This gives me a small mind map of what I need to aim my targets against my audience and what individual things they expect.
I am going to focus on the teenagers and young adults as they mostly revolve around the terms of where my music video stands within today's society as it's more realistic to its standard.

Also as my song runs uder unique and non rock and mostly aims at trance and house but also a hint of mainstream (C list - look on radio one website -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/) it delivers a message through the lyrics of it being free as an individual person and don't run away from your purpose in life and what you want, also it lines of love e.g. ' every time that we kiss, it's central on a holding back don't be quick to pull away' basically whatever your desiring don't hold back on it and go for it.
I like it because it kind of has a link to upcoming bands and solo artists as well, that don't give up as there is hope out there even if you don't make it as far, there's always another door open for success which Kele has fulfilled, so my based artist is a good role model to others as well in style and lyrics and the way his sound delivers his mise en scene and narrative.

Also what I'm going to deliver inflicts upon his meaning and has a strong bond and inflicts people in other opinionated ways so it's helping Kele look at it from a different person point of view.

This song will mainly aim at the male gender as it club and trance and the lead singer is male as well, and in the music video its mostly women dancing so it will have hardly any interest, there will be some but not as much as in the female gender.

But overall this has to relate to it's standard and also influence through music video and the mise en scene e.g. streets, people walking in background is it clear or busy movement?, place outside inside wide open spaces?. And does not aim at terms of physical activity and the song does not inflict anger as some link to people training at the gym as it's fast tempo and loud pitches for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00