Friday 17 September 2010

looking at other recent students music videos:

In this post I will looking for students past work and what elements I can find which link to my research through kele's music and also what i find interesting within certain music videos.

It also sets the standard base on how much I can go to due to the technology in which the school provides.

The place where I've researched is on Mr smiths blog named 'Mr smiths music video blog' (as I'm following him).
Scanning through I found this video very useful and interesting;



This sounds very much like bloc partys indie stuff. The intro of this song is like the intro to helicopter of bloc party.
I like this video aswel cause its energetic and the shots change to every beat;



In this verse every beat that is played the camera shot is moved to the spot which creates a ongoing and interesting sequence, its busy and works and snaps the audience attention straight away.

For my music I would like a intro that every beat changes camera shot on one person, I am looking for a short burst of quick and energetic movement to illustrate that through the whole music video it's going to be kept to a fast pase.
This would be aimed at teenagers so far due to the colourful background and the sounds is chilled out and mature which makes the music clear and clean and easy to pick up on the actions in shots.





This is an perfect example of what I want to do with animation, but in my video I wanted to do a person walking in the way of the photo being moved around, this will good for creativity and keeps the audience interested.

I want to speed up the camera so it's not in the form of copyright but I've had a influence from this technique, so it will relate to the the pace and tempo of my music video as it will be fast and jumpy.




Here's another example of what I could and can do with jump camera affects, but as from hearing the background music as the tempo of the symbols on drums are being hit it gets faster so the glitching speeds up with it as well which so looking at my video if there is a certain part which speeds up I could maybe use an affect such as this to make it look successful and also keep my audience inspired and entertained.
Also its the same shots but speeded up but it doesn't matter if in every second 2 shots would of gone past.



This part I could use as a flashback of a past event, as my music video is to with work in life I could look back upon like the past life of my character e.g. in school. How I could illustrate this is a sketchy camera from a point of view shot, basically an example of this but the band in this video looks like there organising somthing like they are progressing through there work.

So from this I've gain example that I can use in my music video from basic camera and mise en scene and I can see the standard that I need to progress up to, to gain the best grade I can possibly get. And also as I've researched band I can look at things such as if I've got 3 characters in my video I could maybe use these examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00