Tuesday 21 September 2010

The boxer: Kele



The Boxer

Is the debut solo album by Kele Okereke. I focused on this album more than the other as it his debut which means probably more effort went into this one.

Okereke released the album under the professional name of Kele on 21 June 2010. So this is a recent album which works well in today aspect and covers my narrative really for e.g. i didn't want 1980's music and lyrics which revolved around then.

As promotion, he uploaded the songs "Rise" and "Walk Tall" to his personal website on 13 May. The first single from The Boxer was Tenderoni", released on 14 June, and the second, Everything you wanted", on 16 August, I have looked at these certain tracks and taken them more into consideration than the other ones; but i listened to the whole album and Tenderoni and everything u wanted and walk tall stood out for me anyway, I will look more in depth to these to make my final decision on what I want.

Also I can look at it from an audiences view of what they like the most so maybe in the music video I'm searching for maybe I could carry out surveys and that to progress and find the best estimate within my own confidence and also the know what a vast majority of audience wants.


Also looking through his album the track are fairly long, this could maybe be a problem, but a good problem in my eyes, more stuff will have to be involves and by keeping the audience entertained but in that way for me I can construct more ideas form my research into one.

Looking from the influence that Kele had XXX change helped him with his songs, looking through research of XXX change I found out that is an American rapper. His style is generally described as a mix of underground alternative rap and electro and rock. There is often confusion surrounding his name since collaborative releases have appeared under his name only, though are generally considered "group" efforts - similar to rock acts like Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson. So his Kele is more of a team based effort, this I think is good cause many ideas and effort goes into one song which is what I want to gain just by an individual working. Also looking from the rock aspects I will now listen to some certain songs of there's and see if there is a comparison with the mixing of tunes and ideas, so I can look at XXX change compared to management and team work within group development if needed to.



The album received generally favourable reviews from critics also, this yet again is good, this is basically saying that there are lots of mixed reviews towards this certain album and became popular. Critics normally look at the style of music that links with the singer and the narrative of the whole album and as it say favourable reviews it means it was successful in it purposes to sell to audiences.

Looking at the album cover I don't really like it, I find it plain and boring in my opinion, but I can see the emotion it vibes off. Due to the background and body language the characters position sat in, and also the symbol of taping up his hand it meets the narrative of the title.
The album cover I'm looking for is this;
[Kid cudi man on the moon]




So looking from this album cover I want it to be cartoon and mysterious so it gives the audience complete confusion and interest to why the album is like this, also kid cudi's music is similar to Kele so the genre revolves and is the same as well, this gives me more inspiration to look upon this album cover than others.

So by just looking through one album I've learnt that alot of effort from different backgrounds can all go into one successful produced album, so I need to look for recent backgrounds and develop more of MY ideas into my album cover and most importantly my music video. Also it meets the mise en scene within my music video as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather conditions for filming;

Filming on 27th October 16:00 - 18:30 29th October 16:00 - 18:00 30th October 14:00 - 18:00